Re: [Gm2] Build problems on FreeBSD

From: Ben Stuyts
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Build problems on FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:03:26 +0100

Hi Gaius,

On 3 Mar 2004, at 15:52, Gaius Mulley wrote:

This looks like a problem in p2c, but I find the handling of
toupper/tolower very confusing there. Any ideas?

yes it is rather confusing. I think it could do with a tidy up..
I wonder whether you could email me a copy of your

DynamicStrings.c
and also

email me a copy of DynamicString.c after it has gone through the C
preprocessor. Ie capture the `gcc .... DynamicStrings.c' command
and run it by hand adding a `-E' option and replacing -o
DynamicStrings.o with `-o foobar'

and email me foobar.

Will do so, off list.

I'll try removing the p2c toupper uglyness and we shall rely on
using ./configure to catch this instead.

That would be nice. I remember having similar problems when trying to build under Mac OS X a while ago.

Kind regards,
Ben