Re: [Gm2] successful build & PIM modules (long)

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] successful build & PIM modules (long)
Date: 04 Aug 2004 11:22:16 +0100

Diego Rodríguez Rodríguez <address@hidden> writes:

> I've build successfully the latest GNU Modula-2
> snapshot with gcc 3.3.4 in Slackware 10.0
> It seems to work fine, I built all the examples
> without problems.

Thanks for the successful report, I'll add it to the web page!
Can you tell me the processor (Pentium IV ?) you built it for ?

Also many thanks for your analysis of the various PIM modules.  I
agree with most that you say and I intend to provide a FileSystem
module which is built on top of FIO (as far as possible). Also
intended is to provide the ISO file support on top of FIO.  In this
way FIO becomes one of the underlying system modules (like M2RTS).
But it should allow users to mix, buffering aside, the various
modules.

I aim to have written the library modules by the Oct.