Re: [Gm2] Re: GM2 Bug no. 3

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: GM2 Bug no. 3
Date: 19 Oct 2004 14:00:30 +0100

Iztok Kobal <address@hidden> writes:

> I strongly agree with Martin with the commend at the proposal no. 1.
>
> Yet, for some source-purifying purposes (documentation or even maybe
> that sometimes the different argument names could also mean that
> different versions of the sources are being taken during the compilation
> process or something else) you may introduce the proposed
> -W.... option.

yes, maybe I'm the only user of such a switch? But I use this style of
coding all the time and so personally I'd value the extra checking..
during the construction of gm2.

> On the other hand, with introducing such and/or other rarely used
> options, you just make gm2 too complex. Yet I can imagine that there is
> only matter of one IF clause within the code since the functionality is
> already done. So, maybe you can leave it, really.

yes essentially the code is already there. A Modula-2 compiler must
check that the types in the definition module procedure match the
types in the implementation and therefore checking names is only a
matter of 3 lines or so of extra code. I've just included the switch
(only took 20 minutes or so to ripple the changes through the
documentation and various gcc frontend c/h files.

Just for clarity I've implemented (i) and (ii)..