[Gm2] Building under Solaris 9 on Sparc -- update 3 (mostly good) (bis)

From: john o goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Building under Solaris 9 on Sparc -- update 3 (mostly good) (bis)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:16:20 -0400

Greetings:

Gaius Mulley wrote (in part):
john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

Greetings:

[...]
2. Solaris-ilp32 build PASSED but gm2.paranoid FAILED:

[...]

hmm these errors are very strange, my immediate thoughts are that it
is picking up some old .o (or source) pre 2005-06-08 which had the
extended opaque problem.. But to check/or to try a different test
could you recompile after removing the -Wextended-opaque from the
GM2_FLAGS in gm2/Make-lang.in? If this works then there is either a
remaining bug in the extended-opaque code - or the build is picking up
an old binary/source file.

I tried rebuilding without -Wextended-opaque with no joy.  For said rebuild,
I completely removed the old source tree and used a new source tree (and I
always configure build in a new directory each time).

Tis very odd that this fails whereas the 64 bit version passes.

Agreed.  I have not yet tried the latest CVS (2005-06-22) but I will keep
you all informed.  #6-)

Sincerely,
john