[Gm2] gm2 installation on Apple

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] gm2 installation on Apple
Date: 29 Sep 2005 16:14:07 +0100

Hi,

here is the latest entry in the ChangeLog:

  * finally fixed _toupper porting problem in p2c as reported
    by Thomas Ahn <address@hidden>, Ed Smith-Rowland
    <address@hidden>, John o goyo <address@hidden>,
    Eduardo Abela <address@hidden>, John Calley
    <address@hidden> and many others.
  * finally fixed the linking problem when building under
    opendarwin. I suspect this will fix the same problems
    under MacOS.

basically I installed opendarwin 7.2.1 on an Athlon and managed to
reproduce the failure during the unresolved linking (__toupper and
__tolower).  This has been fixed together with the M2Reserved_NulName
issue, however the compiler builds stage 1, but fails when compiling
MathLib.mod from the ulm libraries. I thought I'd check in the changes
thus far, so that people running MacOS on PPC hardware can also verify
that the linking fixes work.

Hopefully, a fix to gm2 will be found shortly to solve the MathLib.mod
problem. One of the benefits of a port is that it normally unearths
a lurking bug in the compiler :-)