Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 Validation Suite

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 Validation Suite
Date: 13 Mar 2006 12:18:39 +0000

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> I came across John Souter's article in Microprocessors and
> Microsystems Vol. 14, 3(1990): 145 -- 148.  He talks about the
> Modula-2 Validation Suite owned by Georgia Tech., GA, USA, and
> distributed by BSI Quality Assurance.  Do anyone know anything about
> this?  (It would be interesting to apply it to gm2, if we could.)

Hi John,

yes it would be good, I didn't know about this, is it still available?

On a similar note I see that the ISO Standard has some fairly basic
tests in it - it wouldn't be too difficult to reconstruct these
dynamically perhaps by using, say Python.  Dynamic test levels of
nesting, levels of scopes, no. parameters etc.. there was also the
paper by Pronk

        AUTHOR = "C. Pronk",
        TITLE = "Stress Testing of Compilers for Modula-2",
        JOURNAL = {Software Practice and Experience},
        VOLUME = {22},
        NUMBER = {10},
        PAGES = {885-897},
        MONTH = "October",