Re: [Gm2] Slow gm2-harness

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Slow gm2-harness
Date: 13 Sep 2006 13:32:37 +0100

John B Wallace Jr <address@hidden> writes:

> I am using gm2-harness 0.9 on my system (SUSE Linux 9.3-64/Athlon 64) and the
> problem is harness downloads each file in the gm2 CVS archive each time gm2
> is built, not just the ones that have changed. With a dial-up connection this
> is very slow. Is there some switch or something to change this behavior.
>
> John Wallace

Hi John,

sorry for the delay in replying - I've been away from the Internet for
the last 4 days.  You're right it needs to be altered - I'll look into
this today/tomorrow.  It would also be good to improve the harness so
that a stable 3.3.6 cvs branch could be built or optionally the
unstable cvs head ready to be grafted onto gcc-4.1.0.

I'm currently knee deep in gm2 and gcc-4.1.0 which is failing on
nested procedures :-) and I really must cvs check in the changes
asap..