Re: [Gm2] Gm2's search paths

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Gm2's search paths
Date: 01 Jan 2008 12:50:59 +0000

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> I note that gcc can find its files from its location but gm2 cannot.
> Specifically, if one renames the directory holding gcc, one can still
> invoke gcc without problems but gm2 cannot then find its definition
> files.
>
> I learned this because before building a new version of gm2, I rename
> the directory holding the previous version and adjust build paths
> accordingly.  Gcc has no problem but gm2 cannot find system.def and so
> on.
>
> Sincerely,
> john

Hi,

yes this is because the definition module paths for system modules are
set at configure time.  You can probably override this (after the copy)
by using -B./path/to/cc1gm2 without the final cc1gm2.  Any chance you
can see what happens if you strace gcc foo.c ?  Ie does it find some
.h files from the correct gcc-lib ?  Or is it using an old version of
gcc-lib ?

Certainly the assignment of path to definition modules makes building
a gm2 package a little tricky and this helped to push me down the pdebuild
route when building debian packages.