Re: [Gm2] Problems with the build of gm2 under Cygwin

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Problems with the build of gm2 under Cygwin
Date: 29 Oct 2008 08:12:03 +0000

"Vanessa Bodard" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Gaius,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> I have installed libtool (from autotools) and now the "make" works perfectly.
> I am currently running the "make check-gm2", but it seems very long.

Hi Vanessa,

how long is it taking?  On a LP64 Athlon running debian etch it takes
about 15 minutes.  However on my older XP box it seems to be taking
about 30-45 minutes.  If tests are timing out then the total run will
be considerably longer (if I recall the timeout is 30 seconds).

> What do you mean by "(It now requires c++ to be built)."? How can I
> get this done?

this is done when you specify:

  --enable-languages=c,c++,gm2

during configure (gm2 uses the base C++ compiler and exception
handling library to perform the final link).  Before the summer, and
before exception handling was implemented, it didn't need 'c++'.  Note
that there is a problem with the regression tests as reported by
Michael:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gm2/2008-10/msg00046.html

in which the run tests appear to be failing due to the link path
not being specified.  Hopefully this will be fixed shortly,