Re: [Gm2] Shell games

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Shell games
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:37:22 -0500

John,

I _thought_ I had been able to work around all the instances by saying

     env SHELL=/bin/bash ./configure ...

and

     make SHELL=/bin/bash ...

Michael

On 10 Nov 2008, at 13:30, John O Goyo wrote:

I have encountered a new problem on Solaris 10 and Ubuntu 8.04.

In both cases, various scripts in gm2 are tagged to run under /bin/ sh, which in Solaris and Ubuntu is not bash but the posix shell. (One difference is that functions in the latter are not defined with the keyword "function".) Until very recently, this was not a problem, but now the scripts on said systems are explicitly run through /bin/sh and not /bin/bash (despite my
setting of SHELL).

Has anyone else seen this?

john