[Gm2] Again on Install libraries and their install location

From: Martin Kalbfuß
Subject: [Gm2] Again on Install libraries and their install location
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:41:38 +0200

Hi,

Looking at the libraries shiped with GNU-Modula 2 I can see, that they
aren't archived like static libaries are for C. They are raw objects and
their definitions + ( the sources ).

So can I say, that a static modula libary is a package of these three
types? A package consisting of a directory containing them? like this:

MyLib(dir)

+--(mod1.mod)(file)
+--def1.def(file)
+--obj1.o(file)
+--(mod2.mod)(file)
+--def2.def(file)
+--obj2.o(file)

And which path should I asume as their default install path?

/usr/local/lib/gm2

or to be more exact:

prefix = "/usr/local"
exec_prefix = "$prefix"