Re: [Gm2] Follow up for bugs reported June 17

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Follow up for bugs reported June 17
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:17:11 +0100

Hi Scott,

I believe I've fixed a bug you highlighted a while ago - in that
SYSTEM.CARDINAL<n> and friends are now VAR parameter compatible with
CARDINAL providing their sizes are the same.  This is now true for
REAL, LONGREAL, SHORTREAL, LONGINT, SHORTINT, INTEGER, COMPLEX...

Also on a different topic - I'm now attempting to automate the
compiling of various thirds party tests - and I'm seeing
compilation errors on:

test6/pass/CodeGen.mod:170:2: error:  3rd actual parameter type 'CARDINAL' is
incompatible with the formal parameter type 'CARD16'
test6/pass/SBase.def:166:11: error:  3rd parameter in procedure 'Opt' 'ndata'
has a type of 'CARD16'

and

test8/pass/APF.mod:38:5:error: type incompatibility found between
types 'ADDRESS' and 'INTEGER32' during an assignment, hint
maybe the expression should be converted

I wonder if you have fixed these compilation errors?