Re: [Gm2] Re: Problems with C interface

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: Problems with C interface
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:08:58 +0000

Martin Kalbfuß <address@hidden> writes:

> I solved the problem. I hadn't changed the modules name inside the file.
> But another question. How can I export an imported symbol?
> I have 2 layers of modules. A C layer, with C definition modules. And a
> Modula-2 layer, adding extra stuff like exception handling. Not
> everything is wrapped up in the second layer. Some functions and types
> are good as they are and I like to have them exported by the second
> layer, even if they are defined in the first. But how? EXPORT doesn't
> exists in the ISO dialect.
>
> Thanks

Hi Martin,

can you post a tiny example?  You should be able to export symbols
from nested modules and it should be possible to import another
modules symbols and then export those as well.  But example code is
probably required..

Have a look at the ISO library definition modules which frequently
import enums from other definition modules and then export these
imported enums again (SeqFile does something similar with sets and
constants)