Re: [Gm2] Build Failure on Snow Leopard

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Build Failure on Snow Leopard
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 13:22:27 -0500

Hi Gaius,

On 27 Nov 2009, at 21:31, Michael Lambert wrote:

You can ignore this report--I think I'm seeing a side effect of problems in building C++ on this platform.

Yes, there are definitely issues in building gcc 4.1.2 on later versions of Mac OS X/Darwin (at least on Intel platforms). I'm fairly confident these account for the problems I've had with gm2 on both Leopard and Snow Leopard.

My opinion is that Mac is a significant enough platform that gm2 1.0 will need to work on it. I gather that you haven't really begun work on porting gm2 to gcc 4.2 or later (perhaps 4.5 is the right target). So shall I investigate what needs to be changed to get it to build and pass tests on Leopard/Snow Leopard?

Michael