[Gm2] INTEGER8 array indexing

From: SiTex Graphics
Subject: [Gm2] INTEGER8 array indexing
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:17:47 -0400

Hi Gaius,

There appears to be a bug in the handling of arrays indexed by INTEGER8.  E.g.,

VAR exp : ARRAY INTEGER8 OF SHORTREAL;

Memory indexing seems to be wrong, and assigning to elements in the
array can clobber other variables in some cases.  I've attached a
somewhat unsatisfactory repro case.  The code seg faults at index 76
in my test.  The surrounding variables aren't affected in this case,
but maybe the seg fault will indicate an indexing problem.  If this
isn't sufficient to track down the bug, I'll work on trimming down the
failure case in our application.

compile with

gm2 -o int8array -fiso -fmakeall int8array.mod

Thanks,
Scott