[Gm2] Re: Report on gm2-2010-04-07 on Solaris 10/sparc

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] Re: Report on gm2-2010-04-07 on Solaris 10/sparc
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:53:37 +0100

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think there seems to be something wrong with the libgcc shared
>> library (ld.so is complaining about this library whenever a runtime
>> test occurs).
>
> I will look at this next week.

Hi John,

thanks!

>> On a different issue I think a few more execution tests will pass if
>> you can install libpth-dev (gm2 requires these to implement
>> coroutines).  I'll produce an autoconf message to catch this.
>
> I know very little about GNU portable threads.  Can you use POSIX pthreads
> (part of Solaris) in their place?

gm2 only uses the context primitives of GNU Pth (no actual thread
primitives are used and thus the pthread scheduler is never invoked).
Not sure if this is possible under POSIX pthreads - but even if it
were I still think using GNU Pth is the right approach :-) given the
portability of the library