Re: [Gm2] cvs latest changes

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] cvs latest changes
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:22:25 +0100

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius:
>
> I am somewhat confused about the state of the CVS archive.
>
> On 16-Jun-11, at 5:21 p, Gaius Mulley wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> here are the latest changes on the 4.1.2 branch of gm2:
>>
>>     * gm2/gm2-compiler/PCSymBuild.mod:  fixed bug in deduceTypes
>>       so that binary constant expressions can correctly identify
>>       their types.  Fixes a bug report by Scott Iverson.
>
> Why is this change under Revision 1.8.2.1 and not the head?

Hi John,

I've been fixing the 1.x gm2 on the 4.1.2 branch and will at some
point merge the branch with the trunk.  Is this the wrong way to
do it?

I was following this simple example:

http://users.csc.calpoly.edu/~jdalbey/205/Resources/cvsBranchMerge.html

but I've not used branches for many years - so I'm very ready to listen
if there is a standard way to do this,