[Gm2] constructor passed as an ARRAY OF ARRAY fixed

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] constructor passed as an ARRAY OF ARRAY fixed
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:16:19 +0000

Hi,

address@hidden writes:
> On 31-Oct-11, at 4:39 p, Martin Kalbfuß wrote:
>> I think I found a bug. The following program produces this output:
>>
>> --- output ---
>>
>>  33
>> 147499624
>
>For what it is worth, my output (on Solaris 10/sparc) follows:
>
> 33
>4294967295

  * gm2/gccgm2.c:  BuildCall2, BuildCall3 (New functions).
  * gm2/gm2.texi:  document the new command line switch
    -fdebug-builtins.
  * gm2/lang.opt:  define -fdebug-builtins.
  * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2Base.mod:  InitBuiltins (New procedure).
  * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2Batch.def:  Tidied up spacing.
  * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2GenGCC.mod:  implemented
  * MaybeDebugBuiltinAlloca,
    MaybeDebugBuiltinMemcpy and call then instead of
  * BuiltinAlloca,
    BuiltinMemcpy.  Modified CanUseBuiltin to return FALSE if
    DebugBuiltins is TRUE.
  * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2Options.def:  DebugBuiltins new boolean
  * flag.
  * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2Options.mod:  set DebugBuiltins if
  * -fdebug-builtins
    is present.
  * gm2/gm2-compiler/gccgm2.def:  define BuildCall2, BuildCall3.
  * gm2/gm2-libs/Builtins.def:  alloca_trace (New procedure
  * function).
  * gm2/gm2-libs/Builtins.mod:  tidied up comment and implemented
    alloca_trace.
  * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2GenGCC.mod:  fixed
  * GetSizeOfHighFromUnbounded
    bug reported by John O Goyo
    <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gm2/2011-11/msg00004.html>
    and Martin KalbfuÃ\237
    <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gm2/2011-10/msg00023.html>.

all fixed in the latest cvs on the gcc-4.1.2 branch.  There is now
another command line available -fdebug-builtins which will cause
gm2 to call the real procedure function rather than the builtin
version.  This is useful as you don't need to modify your IMPORTs
to get the same effect and also when you debug code using gdb you
can step into a 'builtin' and examine the parameter values