Re: [Gm2] [Exporting and Importing amongst inner modules

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] [Exporting and Importing amongst inner modules
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 17:30:31 +0100

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> *                                       *
> *     Institut fuer Informatik          *
> *     ETH-Zuerich                       *
> *     CH-8092 Zuerich                   *
> *                                       *
> ****************************************)
>
> (* changed to handle tabs 9.9.83 *)
>
> IMPLEMENTATION MODULE MCP1IO;      (* LG *)
>   (*...*)
>
>   MODULE OutputSystem;
>   (*...*)
>     EXPORT
>       PutS, PutSy, PutSyVal, PutIdent, Error,
>       InitSave, StopSave, RestartSave, ReleaseSys,
>       InitOutput, TermOutput;
>   (*...*)
>   END OutputSystem;
>
>  MODULE IdentSystem;
>   (*...*)
>     FROM OutputSystem IMPORT Error;
>   (*...*)
>   END IdentSystem;
>
>   MODULE StringSystem;
>   (*...*)
>     FROM OutputSystem IMPORT Error;
>   (*...*)
>   END StringSystem;
>
>   MODULE SymFileInput;
>   (*...*)
>     FROM OutputSystem IMPORT PutS, StopSave, RestartSave, Error;
>     FROM IdentSystem IMPORT InIdTab, OutIdTab, EnterId;
>     FROM StringSystem IMPORT PutStrCh, InitString, TermString;
>   (*...*)
>   END SymFileInput;
>
>   MODULE Scanner;
>   (*...*)
>     FROM OutputSystem IMPORT PutS, PutSyVal, Error;
>     FROM IdentSystem IMPORT InIdTab, EnterId;
>     FROM StringSystem IMPORT InitString, PutStrCh, TermString;
>   (*...*)
>   END Scanner;
>
>   (*...*)
> END MCP1IO.
>

> john

Hi John,

ah thanks for correcting my misunderstanding - you are correct (and also
for ISO M2).  In section 6.1.8.3 (p44) says:

"in the case if an unqualified import in a program module, definition
module or implementation module, the module identifier refers to one
of the system modules or one of the separate modules of the program."

so yes a bug indeed!