Re: [Gm2] Building gm2-4.7.3 on Solaris 10/sparc

From: John Long
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Building gm2-4.7.3 on Solaris 10/sparc
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:54:46 +0000

Hi John et al,

Thanks for working on this. I am keeping an eye open whenever somebody
builds on Solaris SPARC.

In your other email you mentioned setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH which I have heard
many times is not a good idea on Solaris. They recommend using the -R option
to bake the libraries into the run path.

Similarly I was not able to get Tcl to build on Solaris at all at least not
a copy that worked. When I specified the runpath with -R it finally built a
good copy.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/604184/where-to-set-ld-library-path-on-solaris
http://prefetch.net/articles/linkers.badldlibrary.html

has some comments about this. I can't remember all the other places I read
this but looking quickly tonight as I read your email this is a couple of
the first hits I got.

Thanks,

/jl

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD