Re: [Gm2] Any word on Solaris/Intel?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Any word on Solaris/Intel?
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 12:51:22 +0100

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius:
>
> Any word on building gm2-4.7.3 on Solaris/Intel?
>
> john

Hi John,

I tried installing Solaris - and became stuck.  So have had to delete
the image and I'm now proceeding using a command line approach and a
walkthough with screenshots!  I'm installing the full system - so hope
that it will be enough to get gcc built.  I've not used Solaris for 20
years, so I'm having to lookup all the install/admin commands.

VM ware is pretty useful though - in the process I've built gm2 under
the i386 debian.  Will be using vmware in the future for building gm2 on
different OS.

Will keep trying and keep you informed,