[Gm2] Portably renaming and deleting files using ISO M2

From: Benjamin Kowarsch
Subject: [Gm2] Portably renaming and deleting files using ISO M2
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 23:03:23 +0900

Hi

I am at the final stage of a preprocessor/template engine for Modula-2 whose purpose is to render "generic" Modula-2 code into dialect specific code so that one can write portable code that compiles across dialects and implementations (subject to avoiding certain syntax/libs).

Naturally, the preprocessor has to be portable itself.

Under certain circumstances it will need to rename and/or delete a file.

https://github.com/m2sf/m2pp/blob/master/src/FileSystemAdapter.def#L22
https://github.com/m2sf/m2pp/blob/master/src/FileSystemAdapter.def#L26

I was able to implement those two facilities using PIM

but have absolutely no idea how to do the same for ISO

Any ideas?

I apologise if this is considered off-topic since it is a general ISO issue, not a GM2 specific issue.

In that case, please feel free to respond off-list on the issue tracker:

https://github.com/m2sf/m2pp/issues/1

thanks in advance for any suggestions

regards
benjamin