[Gm2] HALT procedure

From: David Egan Evans
Subject: [Gm2] HALT procedure
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 10:43:19 -0400

The HALT procedure calls the C abort by default, which aborts the
program abnormally. Though this isn't explicit in PIM, I believe it is
in ISO/IEC 10514-1 (mainly because of the introduction of the parameter
for the program return value).

More specifically, I understood that HALT (without parameters) should
behave as if the end of the program had been reached. This was added to
compensate for the removal of the GOTO, which in Pascal was typically
used to go the end of the file.
--
D. E. Evans
http://oberon07.com