Re: [Gm2] video of emacs and gm2-mode

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] video of emacs and gm2-mode
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 18:46:31 +0100

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13/06/2018 19:24, Gaius Mulley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> if anyone is uses emacs to edit Modula-2, this might be of interest.
>> Here is a short screencast video (6.5M) giving a small overview of
>> some of the functionality in gm2-mode.
>
> Gaius, how does this differ from the Schmidt-Perrine modula2.el mode
> (in recent emacs)?

Hi John,

I'll take a closer look at the Schmidt-Perrine mode - (I have used it
but not deeply looked into the features).  The gm2 mode has electric END
balancing, lowercase keywords and builtins, an auto find - rather like
tags, understands gm2 keywords etc and uses tab to automatically detect
the correct indentation level.  Some of the features have been broken
during the lowercase introduction - I'm currently re-fixing everything
again.  It should be fixed in a couple of days etc and I'll post another
video giving example usage,