Re: gm2-master, as of today

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: gm2-master, as of today
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 09:55:42 +0100

Dragiša Durić <dragisha@m3w.org> writes:

> I still have this:
>
> % gm2 -fiso -g -fmakeall hello.mod
> gm2: fatal error: unknown spec function ‘exit’
> compilation terminated.

Hi Dragiša,

I've looked into this and have removed the -fmakeall from the master
branch for a number of reasons: the code was becoming really ugly, the
master branch is currently being reviewed by the GCC steering committee
for inclusion into GCC and also I think it makes sense to have the
Modula-2 makefile utility (gm2m) exist as a tool alongside with gm2 in
the same source tree etc.

This would allow development on gm2m so that it can produce dependencies
which in turn allows it to be used with
Makefiles/Makefile.in/Makefile.am and/or cmake (perhaps).

hope this is ok and makes sense