gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] 3 wall paper for gNewSense

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] 3 wall paper for gNewSense
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:17:21 -0500

El mar, 22-09-2009 a las 18:26 +0200, mirevedo escribió:
> Hi,
> I am Mirella, and i would like to contribute to gNewSense artwork project.

Hello Mirella, and welcome!

> I created 3 wall paper for gNewSense, they are all released under a free
> license. I like the concept of people on the trees. You can find the
> .png here: mirevedo.com, and the .svg here: http://mirevedo.com/immagini/svg
> i know the images are heavy but i was not able to make theme lighter.

I'd suggest you to add them to Desktop Backgrounds project[1]. Or tell
me if you can't and I'll do it for you.

> What do you think about theme? feel free to discuss.
> Bye, Mirella

I like the concept :) It's schematic, clean. I think they work well as
backgrounds.

There are some things I'd change:

- Remove the gNewSense logo.
- Try to hide the patterns in gnewsense-tree_2.
- Make gradient transitions smoother[2].
- Try to put people in a more comfortable position. For example, sitting
on a branch looking at the horizon, as if they were "sitting on the
shoulders of giants".

Thanks for your contribution, Mirella.

1. http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ArtworkProjects/ArtworkProjects
2. http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/gnewsense-tree_3.png