gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] gNewSense complete theme revision idea

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] gNewSense complete theme revision idea
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:16:17 +0200

Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo schreef:
could try to design a new logo but, as far as I know, there are no
master artists in the team :) and the new tree could end looking as a

Well, as far as I know, you're doing a pretty damn good job, Luis. :)

I'm also wondering if gNewSense has any official color(s) at this point, like how Ubuntu has that reddish-brown, or SuSe has green and blue. It would be helpful to pin those down before any themes or logos get made.

No, there's no official color palette. When I do some artwork, I take
the current desktop theme colors as a base (as I did for the website).

I made a set of themes and other artwork called NuevoSentido[1] in which
I propose a new look for gNewSense. This theme includes a modification
of the original logo and a consistent color palette (or so I think).
But this theme is not official.

An official color palette would be nice, though. It shouldn't be mandatory for every theme we get, but it would be nice if the official themes would be consistent in that. I think I suggested this before.

Maybe the people interested in contributing (ideas or implementations) to the artwork should consider what feelings and values gNewSense should express and then decide on a color palette that reflects that (if the one from NuevoSentido doesn't do that already).