gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] slim-gnewsense-1.1 (a SLiM theme for gNewSense)

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] slim-gnewsense-1.1 (a SLiM theme for gNewSense)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:44:13 +0200

al3xu5 / dotcommon schreef:
Hi all!

I am a FSF member and a (happy) gNS user and contributor (documentation,
translations, "marketing" etc.)...

I have developed a SLiM [1] theme (called 'slim-gnewsense-1.1') for gNS
(SLiM is a desktop-independent graphical login manager for X which aims
to be light and simple, although completely configurable through themes
and an option file; is suitable for machines on which remote login
functionalities are not needed).

So I have added a new section called 'SLiM themes', with a
'slim-gnewsense-1.1' subsection, to the artwork proposal page of the
wiki [2]; from here you can read some info about it, see a screenshot
and also download it.

After checked if it is ok, I would like to move the whole 'SLiM themes'
section to the main artwork page of the wiki [3].

Please give me some feedback.

Regards
al3xu5 / dotcommon

I took some time today to try out SLiM and your theme. SLiM on Deltah seems a bit unfinished, especially together with GNOME. It's probably alright when used with something simpler (e.g. Openbox).

Anyway, the theme is nice. It's OK to move the section if you want.