gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Branding Parkes

From: IntrosMedia
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Branding Parkes
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:11:47 -0500

2012/10/21 Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
Yesterday I added some backgrounds for GRUB to the desktop-base package [1], [2]. It's just a bit of dragging around of the elements Luis delivered for Parkes [3]. Undoubtedly there's room for improvement. The other stuff in the package also needs a gNewSense variant, but I haven't looked at that yet. Possibly it needs little more work than dropping in Luis' Arcos designs. If anyone here feels like hacking on it, let me know that I can save myself the trouble.

[1] http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/pool/main/d/desktop-base/
[2] http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/packages-parkes/desktop-base/files
[3] http://gnewsense.org/ArtworkProjects/Parkes

Hey, Sam!

Just to let you know that I'm working on some of these things in a personal repository [1]. Feel free to take from there whatever you consider useful.

I just added a GRUB splash based on yours. The only thing I changed was the position of the logo, it was too close to the right margin, in my opinion.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/introsmedia/galaxia

--
Felipe Lopez
IntrosMedia