gnewsense-dev

Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Q

From: tom lukeywood
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Q
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 16:08:56 +0100

"don’t know if what I’m asking is something entirely wrong, at least in
> this place."
Of course not we are here to help! (although I think to keep FSF certification
the gnewsense devs can not promote the use of non-free software and it somewhat
defeats the point of the project.)

According to h-node your wifi card does not currently have free firmware
available:
https://h-node.org/search/results/en/1/search/wifi/3165

but you can get USB Wi-Fi cards (this one worked well for me) that do:
https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/penguin-wireless-n-usb-adapter-gnu-linux-tpe-n150usb

I have been told that you can find the above Wi-Fi card cheaper on eBay if you
just search the model number directly, but think-penguin will give good
customer support regarding it working with free software if your not too tech
savvy.

"I really want to try the distro and this is the hardware I have and no other."
Feel free to ask me more questions if you get stuck.

--
  tom lukeywood
  address@hidden