Standard Issue Stupid Question

From: Stephen Sanders
Subject: Standard Issue Stupid Question
Date: 02 Apr 2002 12:21:44 -0500

I'm attempting to get gnokii running on :

Red Hat 7.2
Dell Inspiron 7500, BIOS setting for SIR on com3 (ttyS2)
Nokia 3360

I'm having odd problems with establishing connectivity.  In order to
get the Nokia 3360 to lock (IR Search indicator stops flashing), I must run:

/usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ttyS2 -s 1
/usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ircomm0 -s 1

If I don't start irattach on both devices, then the phone never gets an IR lock.
When the IR lock is established, irdadump shows a pile of messages being
sent between the laptop and the phone.

Starting /usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ttyS2 -s 1 (which does not get the IR lock) and
running irdadump shows that the discovery protocol has found the phone
but nothing else.

In either mode, running gnokii with:

"/dev/ircomm0 & connection" = irda gets the error

"Couldn't open PHONET device: No such process
GSM/FBUS init failed! Quitting."

"/dev/ttyS2 & connection = [serial|infrared]" gets the error

"GNOKII Version 0.4.0pre16
Gnokii serial_opendevice: tcflush: Invalid argument
Couldn't open FBUS device: Invalid argument
GSM/FBUS init failed! Quitting."

Any hints out there?

Thanks, Steve