Re: uClinux compatibility interest

From: Jan Kratochvil
Subject: Re: uClinux compatibility interest
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:33:52 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 01:26:46PM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Do you think you can separate fixes from your patch? You probably hit some
> linux-specific bugs, right?

I tried to explain this in the original mail but I try to do it better now:

Everything separable was already separated (just singlethreading and
poll()->select() remain merged but it is not related to the current issue).

Compilation for uClinux unfortunately requires some porting here and there as
Gnokii is not written as fully crossplatform code and uClinux is a f*cked up
platform with broken a lot of includes/libraries. And this porting I didn't
complete in _all_ parts of Gnokii code as I wasn't interested in them.

Thus if you want to compile current (my)Gnokii for uClinux you must either
complete the porting of all code (not yet done) or to cut-out the
not-yet-ported code (such cut-out is done in my patch).

> What are main problems with ucLinuxporting?

Why don't you look at the patches? Just their names should be enough.

> Why can't you just configure it
> forcrosscompiation, make? Does it miss select() or something like that?

I tried to remove now all not-really-neede features (such as conversion to
autoheader, stripping of unported/unneeded stuff etc.) and the essential set is
35KB unified diff (11KB of '+' lines). Not big but also not trivia to ignore.

                                                        Lace