Smsd Bug ?

From: raphael . bellec
Subject: Smsd Bug ?
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:27:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hello, I tried to make Smsd work, but I have few problems loading the mysql
module. After few test (I added a print of dlerror() in  LoadDb) I got :

undefined symbol: mysql_real_escape_string

I don't know if this problem is know (I should not be the only one using Smsd
with Mysql !)
The funny thing is that on an other computer, I had the same error but for a
different symbol...

I also have a question : To debug Smsd I have to take of the -s and -rdynamic
option on gcc command line.I can not find documentation about these option in
gcc neither in ld, so I would like to know if possibles :
- How did the author had the idea to put these option (this was the bonus
question) ?
- What do they mean in this case and are they mandatory to have smsd working ?

If this list is not the best place for smsd, thanks to tell me.

Regards.

Raphaƫl.