data connectio with Nokia 6110

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: data connectio with Nokia 6110
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:46:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello

I installed Gnokii 0.4.0pre20 on my Gericom Overdose 0920E notebook and it
seems to work well generally with a Nokia 6110 and infrared connection.
(xgnokii can read the contacts in the phone but not the sms-messages in
the Inbox.  It sees there are no unread mesages there)

Now I'm trying to establish a data connection between my notebook and my
computer at home and for this followed the instructions in
Docs/DataCalls-QuickStart

The phone will call the right number, but then will disconnect almost
immediately and will give the information tone. The computer at home will
receive a call but will almost immediately get the busy tone from the
caller. With a voice call with my gsm-phone the number is transmitted, so
I can see who is calling, but in this case there is no number transmitted.

The network is Libertel (Vodafone), and according to the information I got
supports data-calls.

Is there something I have overlooked?

Aart

Aart Koelewijn                                 Linux 2.4.18
email: address@hidden
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mtack/