Re: Gnokii compatibility with Tekram IR-210B

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: Gnokii compatibility with Tekram IR-210B
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 20:57:26 +0200

Hi Michael!

* Michael Samanov writes:
> Hi!

> I'm new here just because of that I've just bought
> IrDA. Unfortunatelly, I bought exactly notorious Tekram IR-210B. So,
> can anybody tell me whether does Gnokii work with it or it doesn't?
> There are conflicting words in the source texts/readmes about it: some
> of them that Tekram is the only incompatible device (happy I am!), and
> the others that it finally works with some mysterious patches. My
> phone is 6210 and Gnokii responds something like "Cant' initialize".
[snip changes in source]
> As I didn't study Gnokii sources in details, it was the best I could invent,
> but, naturally, it doesn't work. I thought I missed something important. Can
> anybody help or it's better to bring IrDA back to the shop?

If you can get it to work in Linux, i.e. irdadump displays frames
containing Nokia6210, then it should also work for gnokii. You just have
to use irda as connection type. I have some actisys compatible dongle
and it works just fine. The tekram connection type was AFAIR for 6110
series. So just compile a kernel with IrDA stuff in it and get irattach
to work. That's about it.

HTH
Markus Plail