Re: sms.Sender ?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: sms.Sender ?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:34:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Marco Manyevere wrote:

> > > I've tried to play with sms.Sender in db.c on smsd module set to
> > > +62XX..XX9, but failed. On +62XX..XX2 still show +62XX..XX1 as sender.
> >
> > Yes .. if you could specify other number then you can avoid
> > your telephone bills :-) AFAIK, it can't be done with gnokii.
>
> Also, a look at the GSM 03.40 will show that there is no provision for
> specifying the originating number in the PDU. It is set by the SMSC.

AFAIR CIMD protocol (the one you talk with SMSC when you are directly
connected) allows you to do the thing. Conclusions: you can't do it with
gnokii (because there's no possibility), you need a phisical conection to
SMSC (or maybe other way when your operator supports it, eg. SMSC
automaticaly converts your number to something else -- in Poland there's
no such service for the individual customers). There existed a kannel
project some time ago (hope it is still alive) that provided cimd
protocols implementation and provided SMSC functionality -- try google.

pkot