mygnokii worked for 6210

From: tomasz motylewski
Subject: mygnokii worked for 6210
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:46:11 +0200 (CEST)

gnokii worked for me (some versions, did not check recently) with 6210
(addresslist, but not calendar (crash)).

I had much better results with mygnokii. I could even enable netmonitor over
infrared.

But still, when reading in SMSs from inbox IRDA connection would hang
sometimes. Often it would be needed to reload the irda modules.

I am going to test again recent gnokii and mygnokii this weekend.

I have the following modules:

actisys                 2096   1  (autoclean)
irtty                   8036   2  (autoclean)
irda                  151184   1  (autoclean) [actisys irtty]

Kernel 2.4.17

and

  314 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ttyS1 -d actisys+

My gnokiirc:

[global]
port = /dev/ircomm0
model = 6210
initlength = default
connection = irda

# cat /etc/irda.conf
#irda.conf Version: 1.0
IRDADEV=/dev/ttyS1
DONGLE=actisys+ # specify dongle type
#DISCOVERY=-s # if you want use discovery mode, uncomment this
ENABLE=yes # if you don't need to start irattach, set "no"

The part of the FAQ:

Can I use IrDA with 6210/7110 and gnokii?

                Yes. Just put:

                connection = irda

                line into your config file.

Is a bit short. One should really write which modules should be loaded, does
the connection go over network device irda0 or /dev/ir....

For example if irdaping works, is irda0 used by gnokii?

Unrelated question: does anyone know how to write a game for Nokia 6210?
The name would be "SMS compression". Which characters are allowed in SMSes?

Best regards,
--
Tomasz Motylewski