Re: smsd fix

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: smsd fix
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 17:50:57 +0200

Hi Edward!

> Hi All!
>       Just tested smsd with Markus' patch, and the results were .....

> Close, very close. Haven't vet got the prise for quickest patch writer
> though Markus ;-)

I am quick enough, but you aren't quick enough when it comes to updates ;-)

> As far as I can tell. the current state of play is:-
>       Marcus (1)  v  Janus (0)
> however its not over yet for Janus. Even though Markus has taken an
> early lead, he has yet to make smsd capture NEW incoming messages
> without having to open them on the phone.

The problem is that you don't use the right gnokii version. I commited
a patch to be able to easily read new incoming messages. Without it the
patch in that easy from wouldn't have been possible. So just use the
latest CVS and it will work.
About SMS sending: I tested it with the PostgreSQL backend and it
worked flawlessly. I have no idea about the MySQL version though.

regards
Markus