Re: endianess

From: roddi
Subject: Re: endianess
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 19:02:17 +0200

Am Sonntag den, 4. August 2002, um 14:43, schrieb Pawel Kot:

No. I don't think so. Few things: use the latest version,
I did, right from the CVS server

Seems impossible. Quiteing your original email:
[localhost:CVS_DIR/gnocci/build] roddi% ./gnocci --identify
GNOKII Version 0.4.0

There's a simple explanation. I'm not using the full gnu toolchain but Project Builder, which is based on most of the gnu tools. So the VERSION macro will not be updated. But from gnokii.c:

  $Id: gnokii.c,v 1.282 2002/08/01 18:44:18 plail Exp $

Well, I
have really no idea about the IrDA stack in MacOS.
Me neither. :-( There *no* documentation about it, nowhere. After some
searching I found a kernel extension named AppleUSBIrDA.kext in
/System/Library/Extensions. Seems to be a good candidate.
Also the device /dev/cu.IrDA-IrCOMMch-b should be a good guess.
Unfortuantely that's all I have.

Well, indeed irda support is currently linux-specific, but it has more
chance to work then connection=serial (IMHO). Other possibility is to try
openobex library (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openobex/). Authors
don't mention MacOSX there, but it might work. At least with small
modifications. If so, I can try to hack gnokii to be able to use openobex
to talk over irda port.

Good pointer, thanx.

I know it might be a sort of a stupid question, but can someone explain the difference and/or dependencies of all the protocolls used (like IrDA, OBEX, MBus, FBus, etc.)?
(I would volunteer to put all that into a faq-file)

Roddi