Nokia 3110 commands

From: Alexanderfam
Subject: Nokia 3110 commands
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 01:06:52 EDT

Hi all,
I'm very new to this FBUS/MBUS business so forgive me for being a newbie.
I have a Nokia 3110, a commercial datacable, with autoswitching, but all software I have tried has failed to make a connection with the phone.
When I power up the phone, and have Hyperterminal set on COM1, it program auto-detects 115.2K and there are a few odd characters displayed.
Anyone know if I can command  the phone via Visual Basic or QBASIC, and what commands I can use? Is it possible to retrieve the Cell Identity code/location area code from the phone via FBUS or MBUS?
Many Thanks,
Lawrence
United Kingdom