Re: gnokii (0.4.3) on FreeBSD (4.x) with 6130

From: Paul Civati
Subject: Re: gnokii (0.4.3) on FreeBSD (4.x) with 6130
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:12:46 +0100

Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Options as follows, I had to comment out 'require_dcd' or nothing would
> > happen at all.
>
> Correct.

Perhaps a comment in the sample gnokiirc about this being "normal" for
my type of phone might be useful.

> > # /usr/local/gnokii/sbin/gnokiid --debug
>
> gnokiid does not accept any switches.

# /usr/local/gnokii/sbin/gnokiid --help
GNOKIID Version 0.4.3
   usage: gnokiid {--help|--version}
          --help            display usage information.
          --version         displays version and copyright information.
          --debug           uses stdin/stdout for virtual modem comms.

And that output is slightly screwed, as generated the lines don't have
carriage returns.

> To stderr. You need to ./configure --enable-debug.

Okay, I was doing something fundamentally stupid, I had the config default
of "bindir = '/usr/local/sbin/'" but I had built gnokii using
"--prefix=/usr/local/gnokii", perhaps a simple access() check could be put
in gnokiid at the beginning of it's startup to catch potential failures in
finding mgnokiidev.

(I had to modify common/data/virtmodem.c and make the perror() for execl()
supply some arguments before it was obvious what I had done wrong).

I can get gnokkid started now, and get to start making a data call, but it
stops before it connects.  Also running 'gnokii --monitor' I can't even get
any monitor info from the phone (although it does talk to the phone to
some extent because I can see it pulling down the phone ID info):

[...]
Message sent: 0x0c / 0x0005
00 01 00 40 01                                  |    @
[Received Ack of type 64, seq:  2]
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x0c / 0x0005
00 01 00 40 01                                  |    @
[Sending Ack of type 64, seq: 4]
Message received: 0x64 / 0x0036
01 08 00 11 4e 4f 4b 49 41 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx |     NOKIAxxxxxxx
xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 00 4e 53 4b 2d 33 00 30 | xxxxxxxx NSK-3 0
35 30 31 35 39 37 00 32 36 31 31 00 30 35 2e 30 | 501597 2611 05.0
31 00 ee f9 62 f4                               | 1   b
Received message type 64
Message: Mobile phone identification received:
        IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Model: NSK-3
        Production Code: 0501597
        HW: 2611
        Firmware: 05.01
        Magic bytes: ee f9 62 f4
[Received Ack of type 64, seq:  3]
[Received Ack of type 0c, seq:  4]
[Received Ack of type 0c, seq:  5]
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0x0c / 0x0005
00 01 00 40 01                                  |    @
SM_Block Retry - 2
Telephone interface init failed! Quitting.

Hmm I guess it needs some work on it before it will work under FreeBSD.

Cheers,

-Paul-