Controlling a Nokia Phone with a Serial Connection?

From: Ray Hudy
Subject: Controlling a Nokia Phone with a Serial Connection?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:02:39 -0500

Hello,

I saw some dialog from Mike Robson and others. If any of you wouldn't mind
calling me or e-mailing me back I would love to hear your insight.

I am trying to control a Nokia phone over a serial connection using a PIC
processor (16F877). My customer requested that I do this with a Nokia model
5165 phone, but I have had no success.

After looking over the Nokia forum and the Nokii source code and
documentation I think I have convinced myself that this model will not work.
I am trying to get information from Nokia right now, but it is a very slow
process.

My project is fairly simple (I think).

1) I need to connect to the phone via a cable (I have a DAU-9P).
2) I need to generate a text message or e-mail.
3) I need to send the message.
4) I need to verify the message was send with some status code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ray Hudy
512-930-9908 x237