Re: Gnokii SMSD Dependencies

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii SMSD Dependencies
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:19:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Federico Sevilla III wrote:

> I have a few questions (to start with) that I need to resolve for the
> Debian package that I hope the Gnokii development team can spare me some
> time on. I apologize if some of them are very basic.
>
>     - Does Gnokii's SMSD require Gnokii to be installed? Or is it
>       self-contained as far as the Gnokii libraries are concerned?

It doesn't require gnokii itself. It requires libgnokii.

>     - Does Gnokii's SMSD requier PostgreSQL or MySQL libraries to be
>       installed? Or is it self-contained as far as the libpq.so and
>       libmysql.so are concerned?

The answer is: it depends. SMDS itself doesn't require neither postgresql
nor mysql. But if you want to use them, ie compile libpq and libmysql for
smsd you need postgres and mysql libraries. So: smsd depends on libgnokii,
libpq depends on postgres libraries, libmysql depends on mysql libraries.

>     - How stable is Gnokii's SMSD? Could it be rated to be "as stable as
>       Gnokii"? Does it support all the phones that Gnokii supports?

I belive it is as stable or almost as stable as gnokii. SMSD dosn't work
well with AT driver at the moment. But this is the subject to change soon.

pkot