Re: [patch] (sim)lock info

From: Bertrik Sikken
Subject: Re: [patch] (sim)lock info
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 00:59:31 +0100

Pawel Kot wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Bertrik Sikken wrote:

MCC+MNC :      20412,    user, CLOSED, counter 1
   GID1 :       434A, factory, CLOSED, counter 0
   GID2 :       0000, factory,   open, counter 0
   MSIN : FFFFFFFFFF, factory,   open, counter 0

Could you please update the manpage with this particular option saying
what is the meaning of the sequent fields. I'd appreciate if you would do
the same with --getnetworkinfo.

To be honest, I don't really know myself what the fields mean.
The most important one is probably the MCC+MNC lock, which is
closed in my case and set to 20412 (Netherlands, O2).

I'll try to find out more and then come up with a patch for
the manpage.

I had to add an opt_index enum in gnokii.c but this resulted
in my newly added enun to be equal to 63.
However this is later interpreted as an illegal value
when it is returned by getopt_long. Therefore I changed
the value of the first enum value (OPT_HELP) to 256,
so the enums are out of the range of ascii characters.

Sounds fair and reasonable. I'll check how it behaves here.

thanks a lot for your work,
pkot
PS. Did you verify my changes in the --getnetworkinfo?

Yes, it worked as expected.

Bertrik