Re: Save SMS to mailbox - no date

From: Ulrich Hopp
Subject: Re: Save SMS to mailbox - no date
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:55:29 +0100

 Hi Thomas,

 gnokii : latest version from CVS 0.5.0pre (19.01.2003)
 Phone : Nokia 6310 V 4.10 04-01-02 NPE-4
 Cabel : DLR3-3P
 System SuSE 8.1 ( ftp update )

> >> Forgot something:
> >>
> >> Not all messages are shown from all folders all the time. Some folder
> >> contents are not shown sometimes. Do not know why. No failures are shown
> >> at the shell.
> >
> > sorry, dont't know what you mean. Are you talking about the folders in
> > the SMS window in xgnokii ? If yes could you describe it a bit more
> > detailed ? Is Reading of SMS activated ?
>
> Yes, I am talking about the folders in the SMS windows in gnokii. With my
> 6510 I created some folders for my own, lets say 'A', 'B' and 'C'. First,
> when I enter that window I activate SMS reading. After that gnokii is
> refreshing the SMS list as shown in its main window and a lot of funny
> graphics moving around the shell ;-).

Every pixel of the picture messages in the template folder is shown as "*" in
the shell.

> Then I change to the 'A' dir and
> xgnokii is showing all the SMS stored in the phone. Then I change to 'B'
> and no SMS are shown despite there are SMS's as I know.

okay know I got it ;-)
But for me it works. I created 2 folders moved some messages from the template
folder to the new created folders und everything works fine.

Can you move the SMS eg. from folder B to INPUT with your phone and is this
SMS then displayed ?

> I am not sure, if I understood the meaning of all this completely. What I
> like to do is to save some of my collected SMS, which are stored in my own
> created folders, to disc. It seems to be possible to save them to a
> mailbox, but the date is not saved correctly, but is shown correctly at the
> SMS window inside xgnokii. But I would like the date to be saved too.

For me it works fine. Sorry I can't help here.

regards Uli