Re: Patch for xgnokii_sms.c, add function Save SMS to mailbox

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Patch for xgnokii_sms.c, add function Save SMS to mailbox
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:56:10 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Ulrich Hopp wrote:

> could be easily done.
> Should I create an extra dialog option in the SMS window like "Save to file"
> or use the already existing entry "Save", which has AFAIK no function yet ?

In the time when I created this dialog, the function for uploading sms to phone
did not exist. I think that now it is possible, but somebody wrote that it
is dangerous. Can anybody confirm this?

> Should  the option be in the New SMS window ( as the entry "Save" ) ?

I think no.

> Which filename should be suggested when opening the dialog window :
>
> a) the last chosen path+filename, if no one exists only the path mailbox
> directory (stored in xgnokii) without any filename
> b) no filename at all

The last chosen path+filename. If no one exists, the filename stored in
xgnokiirc.

>  if a) should the last stored path+filename be stored permanently in the
> xgnokii file ?

No.

> Many decisions to make ;-) That's one reason why I hate to program such things
> ;-)

Thank you for spending your time for xgnokii.

                                        jano

--
We've been walled-in, malled-in, insulated, air-conditioned, cine-plexed,
programmed, brainwashed, unalterably directed by materialism, consumerism,