Re: storage capcity of 6110

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: storage capcity of 6110
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 01:13:57 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:11:36PM +0100, Alex Polite wrote:
> I'm thinking of putting a lot of vCard/vCal entries (from ximian
> evolution) on my 6110. But before I get into it I'd  like to know what
> kind of storage capacity the 6110 has. How many entries can I put on
> it?

The phone can store up to 50 phonebook entries in the phone and up to
250 entries in the sim card (this depends on your sim card, older cards
can store less). I don't know the maximal number of calendar notes.

> An other issue is speed. Using irda, how long does it
> approximately take to fill up the 6110?

6110 doesn't support full irda, you have to use the infrared mode. You
can get the same speed as the cable connection. Downloading the phonebook
from the phone (ME memory) about 2 seconds (50 entries). Downloading the
first 50 number from the SIM phonebook (SM memory) is about 3 seconds.

Bye,
Bozo