Re: Compile Error `xgettext: warning: file `common/vcal.lx'extension `lx

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Compile Error `xgettext: warning: file `common/vcal.lx'extension `lx' is unknown`
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 22:51:40 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Peter Nixon wrote:

> Can someone point out to me why I would be getting the following error when
> trying to compile gnokii
> I am running SuSE 8.1 and I have installed all the requred packages that the
> suse .src.rpm file says is needed for a compile to no avail. I then checked
> out the current CVS, but the build is still failing. Below is the error.

It seems that SuSE provides a patched xgettext version.

> /usr/bin/xgettext: warning: file `common/vcal.lx' extension `lx' is unknown;
> will try C

This is correct. Just a warning and the correct assumption taken.

> /usr/bin/xgettext: Non-ASCII string at gnokiid/gnokiid.c:60.
> Please specify the source encoding through --from-code.

s/Janík/Janik/ all over the sources.
or apply something similiar to
-XGETTEXT       = @XGETTEXT@
+XGETTEXT       = @XGETTEXT@ --from-code=iso-8859-2
into Makefile.global.in and rerun configure.

pkot