Re: --enterchar and --getringtone for 6210

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: --enterchar and --getringtone for 6210
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:38:52 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Tobie Kerridge wrote:

> On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 06:55  am,
> address@hidden wrote:

I'm afraid that's not my email address ;-)

> >> for both enterchar and getringtone on the 6210 I get 'Command called
> >> isn't implemented in model'. Are there any plans to add these featues?
> >
> > Sure, there are plans to have the full support :-) but I won't give you
> > any deadlines. Maybe you could try to implement it?
>
> I'm not sure I would know where to start. What files are relevant?

Well, what we know about the protocol is described in
Docs/protocol/nk7110.txt and what we implemented is in
common/phones/nk7110.c.

The good beginning is to understand the two types of the functions in the
driver: request sending and response handling. See the function signatures
and look at the structures it operates on. Then you will probably
understand what to do.

We can help you with more detailed questions.

pkot