where does one put the Cygwin DLL files for Windows use?

From: Mcleod, Ian
Subject: where does one put the Cygwin DLL files for Windows use?
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:47:12 +1100

Hi,

Under Windows XP and W2K - where does one put the Cygwin files and the
Gnokii .exe file?  I found some Cygwin files from a Cygwin installation and
from a Xplanet script file and tried putting them in /windows/
/windows/system and /windows/system32 to no avail - I still receive errors
that the cygwin dll files can not be found..

Any pointers?

Ian McLeod